Current (May 2017 to now): Painter
December, 1998 to May, 2017: Lecturer, California State University, Monterey Bay; Digital Art & Design, 3D Modeling & Animation, Digital Photography, Digital Art Workshop, Digital Culture, Game and Interactive Media & Design, Capstone and First Year Seminar. Primary duties: Classroom instruction, curriculum development, exploration and promotion of creative digital arts technologies and techniques.
June 2012 to present: Coordinator for Digital Media Arts Title V Grant at CSUMB, to facilitate the matriculation and graduation of regional community college students from historically under-represented populations; currently developing game design events and collaborations for campus and community involvement that focus on developing interests in technology and programming for artistically oriented students.
Related Activities, Shows and Exhibitions:
- The Locksmith’s Dilemma; solo show, Gavilan Community College Gallery, November ’16 through February ‘17
- Selected artist (invitation only) for digital artwork at the Pacific Grove Art Center for group show, Art Within Reach, opening November, 2016
- Featured digital artist for Corel Corporation (used on website, packaging and promotions for Corel Painter software)
- EDUCAUSE, New Horizons in Higher Education Technology Conference documentary (2016) highlighting mobile game development for artistic students
- Coordinator for CSUMB, Gavilan and Hartnell College game design events (2015, 2016)
- Advisor & Production Supervisor, Animated 3D tour of new Business and Technology Building at CSUMB (2014)
- Somos Gallery group show (2012)
- First Night Monterey (2014): Animated 3D projection art
- East Coast Surf Film Festival (2008),
- Advisor: Tanimura Family Memorial Library Visualization (2005)
- Advisor: CSUMB Campus Fly-through (2006)
- Coordinator/advisor, Monterey Bay Blues Festival, Digital Blues Exhibit (2006)
- Coordinator/advisor, Monterey Bay Student Digital Art and Design Contest (2001-2007)
- Presenter and featured artist, Santa Cruz Digital Arts Festival (2003-2005)
- Judge, MacWorld Digital Art Expo (2002-2005)
- Exhibition Graphic Designer, Presidio of Monterey History Museum (2002); Monterey History and Art Association (2001)
June, 1997 to December 1998: Assistant Professor, Director of Creative Technologies, Sierra Nevada College, Incline Village, Nevada. Primary duties: development and instruction of digital design and creative technology courses (digital video & animation, digital design and illustration, multimedia, Web design and studio art).
Related Activities: Second Sunday cultural event series, design advisor for College student publications. Designer and primary advisor for all college Web content.
January 1994 to June 1997: Instructor: Sierra Nevada College; Graphic Design, Digital Darkroom, Drawing, Painting, Life Drawing, Photography. Outstanding Achievement Award: 1996.
July 1994 to Fall 1996: Owner and designer, Pat Watson Art & Design: a freelance design and illustration company based in the Lake Tahoe region; numerous local clients including real estate, casinos and corporate enterprise; standard jobs included publication design, advertising, logo design, occasional web and multimedia work.
July 1993 to July 1994: Designer and layout/production supervisor, Community Ink, Inc., Truckee, CA.
July 1992 to July 1993: Digital illustrator, designer and graphic artist: Art Associates, Reno NV.
October 1991 to May 1992: Layout, artwork and design, Ski Times Magazine, Tahoe City, CA
Other Publications and Exhibits:
- Nevada Museum of Fine Art (1997);
- George Eastman House (1998),
- Seybold Seminars (1998-2000);
- Secrets Of Award Winning Digital Artists, Sutton & Wise (2004);
- Painter Studio Secrets (1996), Droblas & Greenberg;
- The Ultimate Guide To Painter (1995),
- Sierra Nevada Review (Illustrations, 1998),
- Splendor Of The Sierras (First Place Prize, 1996);
- Numerous other solo and group shows.
- MHA (Humanities); California Statue University, Dominguez Hills (1991)
- BA (English); California State University, Long Beach (1974)